Since 1993, Solutions for Independence (SFI) has been building strong communities by working with people to discover their full potential.
SFI believes everyone has the right to live a full and independent life. We’ve been an ally and an advocate for the Piedmont/Triad community, helping thousands of individuals with disabilities and their families transform obstacles, pursue their goals, and access all opportunities in life.
SFI relies on multiple community partners to meet the needs of the citizens, including the following:
The Administration for Community Living was created around the fundamental principle that older adults and people of all ages with disabilities should be able to live where they choose, with the people they choose, and with the ability to participate fully in their communities.
The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS) helps people with disabilities achieve their goals for employment and independence. If you have a disability that prevents you from achieving career success or independence in the community of your choice, DVRS can connect you to services and resources to help you meet your goals.
The North Carolina Statewide Independent Living Council (NCSILC) is a federally-mandated, not-for-profit, Governor-appointed council. A majority of council members must be people with a disability.
The Piedmont Triad Regional Council (PTRC) is a voluntary association of local governments - urban and rural - authorized by state law to:
- Make and implement joint regional decisions;
- Provide management, planning and technical services to local governments;
- Identify and solve short and long-term problems best addressed at the regional level; and
- Bring together local elected officials on a regular basis, giving them an opportunity to form working relationships.
- Promote regional issues and cooperation among members